Safer Neighbourhoods meeting
Customers from our Hackney Outreach Service met with the Safer Neighbourhood Team this week. It was an opportunity for people to ask questions which the officers were happy to respond to around personal safety and community safety.
The following topics were covered:
- How to respond to others when approached for money
- Buying items from people who approach us in the community.
- What to do when feeling intimidated by others (we talked about how body language can put others off!)
- Keeping ourselves safe in our own homes
- How to contact the police
- Actions to take if anyone has general concerns about self or others
Everyone received general advice leaflets, and the police have promised to arrange for personal alarms to be given to the customers in the next couple of weeks.