In light of the new national lockdown introduced for 05/11/20 to 02/12/20, we will continue to provide the majority of Housing management and maintenance services, subject to any further national restrictions or guidance that may emerge. There are just a few services that may be postponed, where they are non-essential and would require extensive presence in people’s homes.
Your Regional Housing Officer and/or Housing Outreach Worker
Housing staff are still working, to make sure our services continue. You can contact them on their usual mobile numbers and email addresses, or through Customer Services.
- Housing Officers and Outreach Workers will only be making essential visits. Routine visits will be replaced with more contact by phone, text and email
- Please do not visit our offices, they are closed to visitors
- Where work needs to be carried out in your property (incuding gas safety checks) our contractors will need to come in to your home. When they come in they will take measures to keep you safe, such as staying 2 meters apart and washing their hands
- Annual gas safety checks and some other health and safety checks and servicing, such as fire, water and lift safety, will continue, with social distancing precautions
- You or your care/ support provider may need to restrict visitors to protect your own health. We and our contractors will respect this. Please let us know about it before any planned visits if you can
- Please continue reporting your repairs. There is a backlog to get through, so please bear with us while we work through this.
- Planned internal works for kitchens and bathrooms will be paused as they are quite intrusive
- If you phone Advance to request a repair or other service, we will ask you about your health in relation to the Coronavirus. This will help us to assess the risk and pass relevant information on to the contractor.
We are keeping our plans and services under review daily and we appreciate your consideration as we try to provide as full a service as we can, whilst keeping everyone safe.
If you need more information from Advance please get in touch with your usual contact, use your ‘My Advance’ account, or contact our friendly Customer Services team on 0333 012 4307 or Customer.Services@advanceuk.org
National lockdown introduced for 05/11/20 to 02/12/20, we will continue to provide the majority of Housing management and maintenance services, subject to any further national restrictions or guidance that may emerge.
National lockdown introduced for 05/11/20 to 02/12/20, we continue to provide high quality support across our services, and we are incredibly proud of the commitment and hard work of our staff to make sure this continues in trying times.
The easy read documents on this page help to explain what is happening.
Our staff will use these tools to help customers talk about the current situation and explain it in simple terms.