Following Government guidance, we have continued to provide essential services during lockdown. We have gradually opened out more services (such as a wider range of repairs and maintenance), whilst still being very careful about safety precautions. We will continue to amend our services based on local lockdowns and will always work to Government guidance. If you are in a lockdown are and have a query about our services please do contact us.
We are continually reviewing what services we can and can’t provide. As of September 2020, we are providing all services, with the exception of some services in local lockdown areas. As we start doing more repairs, there is a backlog to get through, so please bear with us while we work through this.
Your Regional Housing Officer and/or Housing Outreach Worker
Housing staff are still working, to make sure that essential services continue. You can contact them on their usual mobile numbers and email addresses, or through Customer Services.
- Housing Officers and Outreach Workers will only be making essential visits. Routine visits will be replaced with more contact by phone, text and email
- Please do not visit our offices, they are closed to visitors
- Where work needs to be carried out in your property (incuding gas safety checks) our contractors will need to come in to your home. When they come in they will take measures to keep you safe, such as staying 2 meters apart and washing their hands
- Annual gas safety checks and some other health and safety checks and servicing, such as fire, water and lift safety, will continue, with social distancing precautions
- You or your care/ support provider might need to restrict visitors to protect your own health. We and our contractors will respect this. Please let us know about it before any planned visits if you can
- Please continue reporting your repairs. As of September 2020, we are providing a full repairs service, with the exception of some services in local lockdown areas. There is a backlog to get through, so please bear with us while we work through this.
- If you phone Advance to request a repair or other service, we will ask you about your health in relation to the Coronavirus. This will help us to assess the risk and pass relevant information on to the contractor.
We are keeping our plans and services under review daily and we appreciate your consideration as we try to provide as full a service as we can, whilst keeping everyone safe.
If you need more information from Advance please get in touch with your usual contact, use your ‘My Advance’ account, or contact our friendly Customer Services team on 0333 012 4307 or Customer.Services@advanceuk.org
Following Government guidance, we have continued to provide essential services during lockdown. We have gradually opened out more services (such as a wider range of repairs and maintenance), whilst still being very careful about safety precautions.
We continue to provide high quality support across our services, and we are incredibly proud of the commitment and hard work of our staff to make sure this continues in these trying times
The easy read documents on this page help to explain what is happening.
Our staff will use these tools to help customers talk about the current situation and explain it in simple terms.