Following Government guidance, we have continued to provide essential services during lockdown. We are now gradually opening out more services (such as a wider range of repairs and maintenance), whilst still being very careful about safety precautions.
As lockdown restrictions are gradually eased, we are continually reviewing what services we can and can’t provide. From mid-May we have started to do some more external repairs work and external decorating, where needed and where it can be done safely. From early June we are starting to undertake more routine repairs inside people’s homes. But we are doing this gradually and safely. We will keep this page updated as things develop. As we start doing more repairs, there is a backlog to get through, so please bear with us while we work through this.
This letter from the Housing Minister published on 18th May 2020 confirms that repairs and maintenance work should start to resume in a planned and safe way as the lockdown eases. It also includes links to useful sources of advice and support.
Your Regional Housing Officer and/or Housing Outreach Worker
Housing staff are still working, to make sure that essential services continue. You can contact them on their usual mobile numbers and email addresses, or through Customer Services.
- Housing Officers and Outreach Workers will only be making essential visits. Routine visits will be replaced with more contact by phone, text and email
- Please do not visit our offices, they are closed to visitors
- Where essential work needs to be carried out in your property (such as gas safety checks) our contractors will need to come in to your home. When they come in they will take measures to keep you safe, such as staying 2 meters apart and washing their hands
- Annual gas safety checks and some other health and safety checks and servicing, such as fire, water and lift safety, will continue, with social distancing precautions
- You or your care/ support provider might need to restrict visitors to protect your own health. We and our contractors will respect this. Please let us know about it before any planned visits if you can
- Please continue reporting your repairs. This is important so that we can keep an eye on issues, and can plan to do the repairs when it is safe
- If you phone Advance to request a repair or other service, we will ask you about your health in relation to the Coronavirus. This will help us to assess the risk and pass relevant information on to the contractor.
We are keeping our plans and services under review daily and we appreciate your consideration as we try to provide as full a service as we can, whilst keeping everyone safe.
Click here to read our open letter of 6 May 2020 to our partner Care and Support providers.
If you need more information from Advance please get in touch with your usual contact.
Following the Government’s enhanced ‘stay at home’ guidance we have moved to an essential/ emergency only service for the whilst lockdown continues. We are working hard to ensure we continue to provide all essential services.
We continue to provide high quality support across our services, and we are incredibly proud of the commitment and hard work of our staff to make sure this continues in these trying times
The easy read documents on this page help to explain what is happening.
Our staff will use these tools to help customers talk about the current situation and explain it in simple terms.